Charles Theater’s fate: a Baltimorean story.

The Charles Theater, often simply called the Charles, is the oldest movie theater in Baltimore. It is located in a Beaux-Arts building, originally both a cable car barn (north side) and a powerhouse (south side) designed in 1892 by Jackson Coale Gott, a Baltimorean architect.[1] At this time, the city was thriving – 3rd largest … Continue reading